- Care Kit Builder
- Transition to Care
- Understanding the Difference between Medicare and Medicaid
- Six Questions Family Members Can Ask To Avoid Overmedication
- A Day in the Long Term Care Community
- What are Five-Star Ratings for Nursing Homes?
- 4 Criteria that Families Should Consider When Choosing an Assisted Living Community
Families often feel anxious about discussing long term care options with loved ones. These conversations can be difficult and emotionally taxing, but they don’t have to be. AHCA/NCAL’s Care Conversations initiative was designed to offer families tips and resources for making better, well-informed long term care decisions.
Open communication and planning well in advance for potential crises is essential to peace of mind, as illustrated in a recent ABC Action News story.
For more information on how to have these conversations with loved ones, click here to find checklists, medical care resources, blogs from experts on elderly care, and downloadable materials to assist in navigating this emotional conversation.